WorkWELL® WORKSHOPS, DAY RETREATS and PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
1. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM TO EXPERIENCE PRIVATE BREATHING, YOGA AND MEDITATION SESSIONS
2. HALF DAY AND FULL DAY PROGRAMMES FOR YOUR TEAM IN LONDON
3. ONLINE FOLLOW UP PROGRAMMES FOR EMPLOYEES TO MAINTAIN A PRACTICE
Stress in The Workplace
'Stress affects one in five of the working population from the newest recruit on a work placement to the board of directors and is now the single biggest cause of sickness in the UK with over 105 million days are lost to stress each year – costing UK employers £1.24 billion'. (source: Health and Safety Executive)
Managing stress within the workplace you will see:
• significantly improve working life for 20% of your staff, with all the added benefits of reduced absenteeism.
• For every £1 you invest in staff well-being, there’s a return of £3 in improved efficiency and productivity. (Government stats)
Stress & The Breath
To effectively combat stress, we need to activate the body’s natural relaxation response. “The “Relaxation Response” was discovered and coined by Dr Herbert Benson. This is a physical state of deep rest that changes the physical and emotional responses to stress.
When eliciting the relaxation response:
• Your heart beats slower and your muscles relax
• Your breathing becomes slower
• Your blood pressure decreases
• Your parasympathetic nervous system is activated which induces feelings of calm
• Your levels of nitric oxide are increased. NB Nitric oxide is a molecule that our body produces to help its 50 trillion cells communicate with each other by transmitting signals throughout the entire body. Nitric oxide has been shown to be important in helping memory by transmitting info between nerve cells and the brain. Assists the immune system at fighting off bacteria, regulates blood pressure by dilating arteries, improve sleep quality, increase endurance and strength
What is the best way to relive my stress and relax?
Deep Breathing – Focused Breathing
The relaxation response is a mentally active process that leaves the body relaxed, rejuvenated, and focused.
The American Institute of Stress says: “Abdominal breathing for 20 to 30 minutes each day will reduce anxiety and reduce stress. Deep breathing increases the supply of oxygen to your brain and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness. Breathing techniques help you feel connected to your body—it brings your awareness away from the worries in your head and quiets your mind.”
Transformational Breath®, is a self-healing technique that helps people to access the full potential of their breathing system for better physical, emotional and mental well-being. The connected pattern of conscious breathing is a natural, safe and easy –to-learn technique, which has proven to have many benefits almost universally, including increased energy, better immune response and increased ability to deal with stress in a positive way.
Breathing controls the functioning of every cell and the physiology of the entire body. With the majority of the population using only approximately 25% of their full respiratory capacity, it is no surprise that improper breathing is a contributory factor to stress and ill health.
Transformational Breath® helps correct old unhealthy patterns of breathing and helps access full breathing potential, encouraging a fuller more conscious breath.
Diaphragmatic breathing is paramount to the Transformational Breath® process. Encouraging a deep breath into the abdomen is not only relaxing; it’s been scientifically proven to positively affect the heart, brain, digestive and immune system. Once the breath is moving in the abdomen, the upper respiratory system can be activated so eventually the breath is full, connected and active.
Transformational Breathing is a cutting edge breathwork which looks at the individual breath pattern (we all have a unique breathing pattern) and works to release tension from the respiratory muscles, diaphragm, intercostal muscles, shoulders, back and neck muscles so feelings of relaxation can be accessed quickly and efficiently.
1. Personal Development Programmes for Team Members (5 sessions for each employee recommended)
This is a conscious connected breathing practice and within a 121 setting you will learn this cutting edge breath technique and encouraged throughout of the course of the sessions to develop a self practice. This can also include a group talk to your team with an introduction to Transformational Breathing
A private session includes full breath analysis to acknowledge where the body is holding onto tension (often shoulders, upper back and neck), breathwork, movement, sound, acupressure, positive mental thinking, meditation and deep relaxation. The initial session is 90minutes and subsequent sessions can be 60mins depending on your time schedule.
2. WorkWELL® Half Day & Full Day Workshops
We recommend Wellness in the Workplace Workshops to be held either within a dedicated space within the workplace or a chosen venue in London at a time convenient for your employees. Workshops include:
- 2.5 hour workshop introduction to Transformational Breathing and the benefits this has on stress
- 4 hour workshops including Yoga for Stress, Transformational Breathing and Meditation for stress reduction
- 9am - 5pm Full Day Retreat (in London or chosen retreat venue) to include Yoga, Transformational Breathing, Meditation and Massage (also staying overnight is an option)
Prices depend on where the workshops and 1:2:1 sessions are held and how many employees wish to engage in the programme. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full information.
3. Access to Online Exercises for your Staff
To keep your workforce healthy in the office, we have formulated some video and audios breath led exercises for at the desk, on commute and before a stressful meeting. You can have full access to these (videos to watch at the desk and audios to download for going to and from the office) for all your employees for a one off fee. Please email email@example.com for more info.
Tailor-made programmes presented by founders of Inspiration Space:
Aimee Hartley, Transformational Breath Facilitator
Aimee Hartley studied and certified as a Transformational Breath Facilitator with the founder of the technique, Judith Kravitz, in Italy and the U.S and she now teaches Transformational Breathing and conscious breath-work in London. Aimee founded www.thebreathingroom.co.uk in 2011 and www.inspirationspace.co.uk in 2015 offering corporate 1:2:1 sessions, workshops with a focus on Breathwork.
She is also a 500hours+ Yoga Alliance certified Professional Yoga Teacher and has taught Breath-led yoga classes in Australia, South East Asia.
She now dedicates her time teaching Transformational Breathing to a wide range of clients from children to CEO’s and for those who are looking for a natural self healing practice for relief from stress and anxiety, freeing emotional baggage and clearing any restrictions in the breath pattern which may be impeding physical, emotional, mental wellbeing. Transformational Breathing is said to be one of the most powerful breath works on the scene right now. She has written articles on the benefits of healthy breathing in Yoga Magazine, Green Parent, Natural Health, Well to Do London and Yoogaia.
Jess Horn, Yoga Teacher
I was originally drawn to yoga as a form of fitness over 14 years ago, but it was the sense of self empowerment, balance and joy I found that really had me hooked. One of the things I love most about yoga is that there is always more to learn and I have spent the last 14 years training with some of the finest teachers from around the globe.
I have been sharing my passion for yoga through teaching for the last 8 years, in the UK and France. My teaching draws on my experience of Ishta, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Sivananda and Vinyasa, teaching fun and creative sequences with an emphasis on safe alignment and the breath.
I strongly believe in the transformative power of yoga and in helping students to discover tools to connect more deeply and mindfully with their bodies, bringing more awareness into their practice and into their lives.
For more on Jess's retreats and workshops please visit www.jesshorn-yoga.co.uk